Our core values are who we are. They are not just what we do—they are part of our DNA.
1. SPIRIT LED – WE WALK IN STEP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO GUIDE’S & EMPOWERS OUR LIVES.
2. TRANSFORMATION – WE PURSUE CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS TO EXPERIENCE HEALING & CONTINUAL GROWTH.
3. AUTHENTICITY – WE CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO DISCOVER AND EMBRACE THEIR GOD GIVEN IDENTITY, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE ON THE JOURNEY.
4. COLLABORTATION – WE WELCOME EVERYONE TO BRING THEIR UNIQUE GIFTING, IDEAS AND PERSPECTIVES TO ACCOMPLISH MORE THAN WE COULD INDIVIDUALLY.
5. OUTWARD FOCUS – WE REACH OUT AND SERVE OTHERS AS AN EXPRESSION OF GODS LOVE, IN OTHER & OUTSIDE THE CHURCH.
What to Expect
Come as you are! Covenant Life is a family church that desires to make Jesus center. Our heart is to grow together in relationship with our heavenly Father and understand all that He has for us. We make seeking His presence the main thing as we believe He is a living, working God in our lives.
When you come to Covenant Life we enjoy live, upbeat worship and relevant teaching to help you live life connected. We have Nursery for Infant to Age 4, you can register through our kid check in upstairs when you arrive. We also have Covenant Kids Age 5 to grade 5, which head up after worship.
- We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the
- Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; the third day He rose from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the church as the body of Christ made up of believers in Jesus Christ, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
- We believe that salvation comes by confession of sin and faith in Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God, to believe in the heart that Jesus died and rose from the dead, and to proclaim with the mouth that He is Lord.
- We believe the Old and New Testaments to be the infallible Word of God; inerrant as originally given, verbally inspired by God, the complete and sufficient revelation of His will for salvation and conduct.
- We believe in the Great Commission; to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the uttermost parts of the earth. Amen.
Jonny & Rachel Taplin
Pastors Jonny & Rachel have recently transitioned to lead Pastor roles at Covenant Life Fellowship, taking on the role from Pastors Craig & Wendy.
Jonny was born just outside London, England and Rachel, second daughter of Pastors Craig and Wendy Bellis, was born in Washington, PA. They met at Hillsong Bible College in Sydney, Australia in 2006. After completing Worship and Creative Arts course in 2007, they got married in 2008.
After their wedding, they moved back to Jonny’s home church in the UK, City Church, where they oversaw the worship team for a number of years. In September of 2012, they moved back to the US and joined the staff of Covenant Life, part time, overseeing the Worship and Arts Ministry. In 2015 they were ordained as Pastors and became full time staff at the church.
Jonny and Rachel are passionate pursuers of the presence of God, and desire that all would have an encounter with the Father that brings transformation to their lives and the world around them. They are also passionate to see people be all that God has called them to be. “God has a plan and purpose for you on this earth. He has called us all to be royal priesthood a chosen people, we are not to be distant but called His children. This means full access to all He has for us. We cannot earn it but he freely gives it.”
Craig & Wendy Bellis
Craig and Wendy Bellis were born and raised in central Pennsylvania where they met as teenagers. They received Christ as Lord at their home church, Newport Assembly of God. Following Craig’s graduation from Zion Bible Institute in 1976, Wendy attended the same school for a year and they married in October of 1977, beginning their ministry together.
In 1981, their family moved to Washington, PA where Craig began to serve as senior pastor of Covenant Life Fellowship. In 1993, both Craig and Wendy were ordained by Christian International and began to co-pastor the church as a team.
Craig is a “Pastor’s Pastor” with a passion for teaching and equipping believers and releasing them to fulfill their God-given destinies. His heart is to see our society and the nations impacted by the Kingdom of God. He possesses a rare gift to bring the truth of God’s word to believers, while encouraging its practical application through the Holy Spirit’s real and empowering presence.
Wendy has been effective as a mentor to many. She ministers with a prophetic mantle and has a passion to raise up a generation that is equipped to hear the voice of God and walk in radical obedience. She also has a passion for the church to be “real” and to deal with the things that stifle our spiritual growth and hinder our witness.
Covenant Life Fellowship (originally called “Full Gospel Assembly”) was founded by Rev. Joseph “Lenny” Nuzum. After beginning with home services and then meeting in the Claysville City Mission, he made the move to Washington, PA in 1946, where they met in homes and a storefront for worship.
In 1946, an old home was purchased at the corner of Addison & Hayes in the west end of Washington, PA, and it was there that they began the construction of a new building for the Church.
The first service in the building was held on Mother’s Day, 1947, and at the time, the Church was known as the Full Gospel Tabernacle.
In the summer of 1990, the church moved to its newly built facility located on 18 ½ acres on Point View Drive in Canton Township.
It was at this time that the name of the church was once again changed from Full Gospel Assembly to Covenant Life Fellowship.
This change of name also reflected a change in vision and direction as the Church broke ties to its independent roots and joined the CI Network of Churches. In 2015 Pastors Craig and Wendy switched their ministry affiliation to the Federation of Ministries and Churches International under the oversight of Apostles Jim and Jean Hodges.
Embracing Many Streams
If you were limited to describing CLF by a single phrase, we might best be described as: “a Church rooted in Reformed Theology but with a Charismatic (or prophetic) expression”.
However, at CLF, we recognize that God is a God of variety; therefore, there are many expressions of His love and heart throughout the world. We do not believe that any one stream has the entire truth, and we recognize that we need each other to accomplish God’s purposes on earth and to keep each other balanced.
We are overseen by the Federation of Ministries and Churches International (FMCI) under the oversight of Apostles Jim and Jean Hodges.
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Our Board of Directors, Elders, & Deacons
Pastor Jonny & Rachel are supported by a leadership team that helps carry out the vision of the church. In accordance with the laws of our state, we have a Board of Directors who are responsible for the legal oversight of the church. The Board is comprised of the Pastors and 3 Elders.
The Elders are responsible to work with the Pastors in the spiritual oversight of the church. They help by keeping their finger on the spiritual pulse of the fellowship and are appointed and ordained to oversee individual ministries within the church.
The Deacons are a body of gifted men and women with servant’s hearts. They are chosen by the members and assigned to support one or more of the areas of ministry that are under the care of the Elders.